Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Do you compost?

I have been wanting to start a compost bin in my kitchen for the longest time. Then the lazy bug hit. I wondered how it was at all possible to compost in an NYC apartment. The result is I'm still tossing all those delicious (to a worm at least) scraps down my sink and in my trash. But wait, thanks to NY Compost there are no more excuses. Even for us city dwellers without a garden. You toss it and they pick it up. Easy.

Now the search for a fitting compost bin starts. I don't want it to stand out like a sore thumb on my beautiful open plan counters or to smell like the diaper pail I keep very hidden. I also don't want guests thinking it's a cookie jar and dipping their paws in there. The choice is vast and I'm at a loss. Here are some that caught my eye for one reason or another. I appreciate any advice.


Bamboo Compost Bin

Chef n' Eco Crock Compost Bin


Norpro Compost Bin

Norpro Compost Bin

Oggi Deluxe Compost Bin

Oxo Goodgrips Compost Bin

Clean Air Distributing 2552 Compost Bin


Mr. Eco Compost Bin

2 comments:

  1. Hey Francesca,
    You found some great ones. I also like what gardners.com carries. If you ever want some composting advice, I'm a Master Composter and would love to help. I've been composting in NYC apt's since 1998. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacey I knew you'd be one for good info ;) I will pick one out and then get you over here to help me set it up. I want to hear about how you do it (although you have a lovely back yard which helps). Thanks!

      Delete