Saturday, January 28, 2012

Treetop Living

You must admit there is something very whimsical about tree houses. I am yet to find someone who doesn't respond in an excited, almost childlike way when I bring the subject up. I have been thinking about tree houses a lot lately, even more since my mother has been promising to build one in the garden behind the house for as long as we've had the house, approximately 10 years. As I decided to give into my curiosity and sniff around I came across some pretty cool stuff.

First of all I was delighted to see that there are plenty of options should you decide to stay in a tree house hotel. Don't we all? Below are some lodging examples. Not sure what the comfort level is for adults, but fun is guaranteed for kids (of all ages), it even has a giant zip line!




For more information check out http://www.treehouses.com/treehouse/treesort/prclst.html.

Tree houses have also become restaurants.




This beautiful tree top restaurant in Auckland, New Zealand, was created by Peter Eising and Lucy Gauntlett from Pacific Environments Architects.

And then there is the rest of those crazy creations whose sole purpose is to amuse.

Beach Rock Treehouse, Okinawa, Japan. By Kobayashi Takashi

Germany. By Bauraum Architects



JApan. By Takashi Kobayashi.

Free Spirit Sphere. British Columbia, Canada.

Hotel Concept by Swedish Architects Tham and Videgard Hansson.

Lantern House, Santa Monica, CA. By Roderick Romero

O2 Sustainability Treehouse, by Dustin Feider of O2 Architecture.


Now here's to hoping that one day I'll have my very own treehouse to retire to.

No comments:

Post a Comment